BRT was organized in 2005 by President Bridget Hodgson. After a number of successful projects and training seminars, BRT incorporated in June 2007 in order to better serve its clients. Areas of specialty include:
- Training & Education for Railways – with emphasis in maintenance of way, operations (transportation), and command & emergency management.
- Technical Report Writing & Editing as well as Spanish and Italian Translation Services.
- Systems Safety / System Security with a focus on incident avoidance on passenger railways.
- Maintenance of Way – Including training of first line supervisors, and training in regulatory requirements.
- Operations Analysis / Systems Integration & Assurance with special emphasis on the development of Operational Requirements, documents, and the management of the relationship between operational performance and systems design.
Overview of Selected Jobs
- NYS & W. “Bergen-Passaic Rail.” Performed Systems Assurance reviews of 30 % designs of a new start commuter rail service on an existing freight railroad.
- Virginia Railway Express. “Professional Training and Education.” Developed and implemented course material and lesson plans for “Lunch and Learns” for staff.
- Iowa Interstate Railroad. Developed the Operating Plan and FRA briefing package for use of the Prairie City Branch as an industrial site for re-fitting of Light Rail cars.